AlcoholEdu & Haven
Each year the University of Oregon implements the online alcohol abuse prevention and sexual violence prevention programs known as AlcoholEdu and Haven. These programs are both confidential and personalized based on your own individual answers. Because the University of Oregon cares about students' health, safety, and academic success, the University REQUIRES every incoming first-year/freshman and transfer student under the age of 21 to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven.
You will not be able to register for classes until BOTH AlcoholEdu and Haven are completed. You must receive a 75% or higher on the AlcoholEdu final exam to pass the course. Please note if you do not complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by September 25, 2014 a registration hold will be placed on your account.
- Click on the AlcoholEdu and Haven buttons (below). You may log into either course at anytime. (Note: you will need your Duck ID and password to enter these sites. This is the username and password you will use to access your UO email. If you do not know your password, please visit: http://account.uoregon.edu, or go to the IS Help Desk at 151 McKenzie Hall between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.)
- On the registration page, you may be asked for additional information to complete the creation of your account. You will NOT need to create an additional username or password. When asked for your Group, select “Fall” from the drop-down menu.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “NEXT” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “NEXT” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- To access AlcoholEdu and Haven, always log back into the website: uodos.uoregon.edu/AlcoholEduHaven
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, you will need to use a major web browser released within the previous two year.
- You may take the course(s) in multiple sittings.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see any individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.