Student Conduct and Community Standards
The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards educates the University community about the community standards necessary to maintain and protect an environment conducive to learning. Our core purpose is to develop students' academic and social responsibility. We value integrity, responsibility, community, multicultural competence, and accountability.
UO Affirmation of Community Standards:
The University of Oregon community is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and the development of integrity. In order to thrive and excel, this community must preserve the freedom of thought and expression of all its members. The University of Oregon has a long and illustrious history in the area of academic freedom and freedom of speech. A culture of respect that honors the rights, safety, dignity and worth of every individual is essential to preserve such freedom. We affirm our respect for the rights and well-being of all members.
We further affirm our commitment to:
- Respect the dignity and essential worth of all individuals.
- Promote a culture of respect throughout the University community.
- Respect the privacy, property, and freedom of others.
- Reject bigotry, discrimination, violence, or intimidation of any kind.
- Practice personal and academic integrity and expect it from others.
- Promote the diversity of opinions, ideas and backgrounds which is the lifeblood of the university.